The development and practice of leadership skills is a life-long exercise.
In this individual session, we:
- Listen to the challenges being faced by the person
- Help evaluate the situations
- Discuss various options for improving the situation through their leadership.
Then we back up the session with a review and discussion of the primary skills required of a leader. Using the Nadler-Tushman Organization Performance Model, we look at developing the abilities and insights to:
- Evaluate the environment, resources and history / culture face by their business or organization
- Define and shape the Strategy of the business or organization, including mission statement, goals and objectives, supporting strategies, current and needed action plans.
- Define and/or develop feedback systems to manage and refine the Strategy.
- Be clear on the work necessary to carry out the Strategy and the information required to do the work.
- Consider the formal organizational arrangements for carrying out the work
- Consider the informal organization that affects the performance, both positively and negatively
- Consider the individuals who perform the work: their needs, skills, expectations and desires.
Initial Session: one-half day
Follow-up sessions: by the hour